First, there is nothing we can do about it. So, you will need to sympathize with them.
- It’s happened to Big West and happened to Joe’s carpet cleaning business.
- It sucks and is not fair. Google tries to delete fake reviews, but some times they get real ones.
Red Flags for fake reviews that Google looks at:
• Multiple reviews from the same device (phone, ipad, computer, etc.)
• Multiple reviews from the same IP Address
• Multiple reviews in a short period of time. Example: If they haven’t had any reviews in 6 months and then all of a sudden they get 10 reviews in one month.
• If their customer opens a Gmail account leaves a review and then doesn’t leave reviews with any other businesses.
The BEST reviews that matter the most are from Google Local Guides: https://maps.google.com/localguides/home
Joe Burnich is a Level 4 Guide with 391 points. That means his reviews stick, display at the top, never disappear and help with SEO. Just sayin.