Creating a New Lead in Salesforce
After speaking with a New Lead, it is crucial that we record their information in Salesforce to keep track of their situation and be prepared for future conversations.
Here is our procedure:
- Log in to Salesforce
- In the navigation bar, click on the down arrow to the right of the “Lead” heading
- Click on “+ New Lead” from the drop-down menu
- There are many fields to fill, the most important are:
- First Name, Last Name
- Website (if no current website, enter “not yet”)
- Check the boxes of each service the Lead is interested in
- SEO, Website, Google Ads, etc.
- Click “Save”
- The New Lead is now created. In the “Chatter” section, include any information about the New Lead that you have collected:
- Where they are located
- Personal information (family, kids, background, hobbies, etc.), this information helps to build up a relationship with the New Lead and will help jog your memory for future conversations
- Any follow-up emails or summary emails that you have sent to the New Lead
*This information will be the basis for Big West Marketing’s future relations with this potential client.