Why "SKAG" is our primary Google Ads method
SKAG stand for "single keyword ad group."
- It involves making an ad group for each high-volume targeted keyword to narrow down search results and create a higher chance of gaining quality leads.
- Each SKAG keyword gets it's own relevant landing page.
- When setting up your ad groups, you would only target the phrase match, exact match, and 'broad' phrase match (if applicable) of the keyword.
- "carpet cleaning" (phrase match)
- [carpet cleaning] (exact match)
- +carpet +cleaning (broad phrase match)
- Put low-volume keywords in a "catch all" ad group with the phrase match and exact match versions.
- If a low-volume keyword is performing well (3+ clicks/week), make it it's own SKAG ad group.