How to make a client's ads show up in the map pack
First, start by going to a client's account and selecting a campaign:
- Go to "ads & extensions" and go to the "extensions" tab.
- Add a new extension. Select "location."
- If a client already has a location extension, go to the 'location bidding' section of this page.
- If a client doesn't already have the extension, connect their Google My Business account. (see below.)
How to connect a Google My Business account to Google Ads:
- When you select "location" extension, sometimes you can see a Google My Business that was linked or previously linked.
- Choose the account that has the most verified addresses.
- It will send a request. If client is SEO, grab their logins from their SEO client folder and accept the request yourself.
- If client is not SEO, send request and tell client to accept the request in their Google My Business Account.
- Once GMB request is connected, confirm location extension is added to campaign.
- To ensure client stays in map pack, it's important to perform location specific bidding around their area.
- Find zip codes or towns around their address and add them to their locations.
- Depending on the competition, make a bid adjustment of 2-10% for each location.
- Change as needed.